Saturday, November 1, 2008
The Odd Thought for the Day
At dinner tonight, with Uncle Alan visiting, a discussion was started about chickens...actually, I think it was started with creamed corn and peas, chickens, jersey cow milk and the general country. Mom mentioned the chickens at her grandmother's house and the oddest thought took shape in my mind. I decided it would be kinda cool to club a chicken with a two-by-four to see what happens. This brought up discussions of unresolved, deep seated anger issues that I must have buried self consciously (highly funny in the Pearce/Culwell household). It seemed terribly funny (and terrible too!) at the time but the conversation wandered forward. Then, having somewhat forgotten the chickens and the two-by-fours, Uncle Alan mentioned something about chickens and car safety. I've already completely forgotten how it migrated to this part, but he told the funniest joke about the people who built the Chunnel train using chickens to test the windshields, by using a Chicken gun from Boeing (I think.) While listening to this awesomely funny story, it hit me I would thoroughly enjoy a job shooting chickens at windshields to see if they explode into millions of pieces. I couldn't tell you WHY this would be so thoroughly enjoying, not if I wanted to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope you're talking about dead chickens, not live ones.
Excuse me. Don't you have a new post to put up? If you don't know what I'm referring to, look at Carla's facebook status. :)
Post a Comment