Thursday, November 20, 2008

One More Thing

So, now the secret is out on the blog, and a few people noticed on Facebook, and I thought it was going to turn into a huge frenzy, but the people that initially noticed have never written back to comment further, and I'm totally okay with this. Maybe I can pretend it didn't leak and still get to make a "big" announcement at Christmas. BUT, it's still out on here, so now we'll just see how many people REALLY read our blog! ;)

I went to my first OB appointment today, and I was pretty miserable. They did all the history, the big exam, an ultrasound and some blood work. The exam wasn't nearly as bad as I was prepared for, but I still cried beforehand anyway :( I'm toooooooo.... squeamish! It's really funny, they said the ultrasound tech was sick today and I probably wouldn't get one, but because of my irregular cycles, I needed it! :) (Never thought I'd say this but,) Hooray for irregular cycles! THEN, I ended up with TWO ultrasounds, because the guy tried to print off a picture for me, and it didn't work, so he had to go back in again :) Which I'm okay with really, because I like seeing the proof that it's FOR REAL and not just what a little stick says. The part that bums me is that the doctor said I'm only at 5wks 3days and I was so sure I was at least six if not seven weeks along. There was no heartbeat, but he said it was still to early to see if anything is wrong or not. Thhaaaaat's what I wanna hear...ugh! BUT, the bonus is that I get ANOTHER ultrasound next month, to make sure there IS a heartbeat, so hooray! He said you normally only get one at the beginning and the big one at 20weeks, but I'm special! :D Also, he said as long as my blood levels stay okay and I have close supervision, my Hashi's doesn't even increase the risk of miscarriage any!!! My thyroid doc already said she wants to see me once a month, so hooray! I get to be normal (a bit!)

So, anyway, this is much longer than I planned it to be. But, I guess all is well for now. I might as well assume everything's okay than try to worry. I already worry enough, so I'm trying to assume it was just too early and the heartbeat will be there next month :)

Here is the picture I got, and I figured you might as well see it, since there's not much to see. It's much clearer in person (but, duh!) but if you zoom in on the mini picture in the corner, you'll see the little sac and a TEENY TINY little white dot inside the black sac. That teeny tiny white dot is the big blob you see in the main picture. Does that make any sense? That's what my unborn child is! :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yay! Congrats. That's so exciting! I HATE those early ultrasounds, they are miserable. At my first appt they told me that I had called to cancel my appt, and I almost started crying. I was already nervous, then they pull that on me. I'm almost 20 weeks now, crazy how time has flown by.

Hope things continue to go well. It's nice to hear that heartbeat and see it move for the first time.

Sarah said...

Awww...he/she is so tiny! I just love the miracle of pregnancy!