I can't keep secrets!!!
I'm not entirely sure why this is, but it's been a lifelong problem. But, like Alan and Jeni's comment on the last post, yes, a new post is needed, so here it is.
I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!
It's apparently a medical "miracle" ... or something...twice this year, two different doctors told me I would not be able to get pregnant without the help of fertility drugs, between the two major diseases I have, so we thought we were set. Obviously, we had been so far and the system seemed to be working pretty well, but God decided my ovaries needed to work this ONE month and, well, there you have it!
I found out a little over two weeks ago and we had planned on telling only immediate family until Christmas, when we would have made it official. But, people slipped, and now the cat's out of the bag, so we might as well announce it here.
Since we found out, and it was confirmed, we're both seeing babies EVERY-FREAKING-WHERE!!!! Everybody under the sun is pregnant, it seems like! Two other women at my church, two or three of Adam's motorcycle buddies, my manager, my sister-in-law's in-laws (like, a lot of them :) and a few people we went to church with in Conway! WOW! That's a lot of babies! Not everyone has found out yet, and at least half of our family found out through Facebook! :( Really, I had better plans for announcing it than that.... :)
As of right now, my due date is mid-July, and I keep hoping it's sooner than that, but I don't go to the OB until Thursday. I've already been to my thyroid doctor twice and will go to see her as often as I see the OB, to make sure that everything stays okay. That's our biggest worry, since thyroid disease increases the risk of miscarriage slightly compared to a completely normal pregnancy. All this means though, is that if anything happens, I'll just have to make another (less exciting) post, but I hope not!
So, now you all know :) Be on the lookout for the infamous belly bump (Adam's family's favorite joke is that I'll be 15 months pregnant with a 30lb baby in the middle of the summer in a van down by the river...darned them for getting at least two of them right; remember, this is ADAM'S child. Adam, who was a month late himself, is probably going to be causing trouble with this one too :-p )
Oh, and we're not finding out the gender, and I don't have the cool intuition thing that Mom Pearce does, so we're just going to call it Tater Tot until July, when we find out what it is for real :)
3 comments:
Congratulations! That's wonderful!
oh my gosh!! congratulations! and i just heard kimberly (used-to-be-isaacs-can't-remember-her-new-name) is pregnant! yay!
Congratulations!! that is amazing news:) Enjoy your pregnancy and I can't wait to hear all about the journey for you:)
Post a Comment