We got her wings clipped in January, which is when we found out that (what we thought was a) he was really a she! So now I refer to "her" and not "him" Poor bird! She's so confused! But, before the wing clipping, she just sat in the cage and was terrified of us, but now she is a totally different bird! It's amazing! We can get her out of the cage now, since she can't get very far away. She still tries, and it's kind of cute when you hear the flutter of wings, and see a tiny bird on the floor. But she plays with us and with more of her toys. She makes more noise now. She chirps, sings, squawks, and screeches in particular. Those are the main ones, that I can differentiate. She also sometimes makes a weird clucking sound.
Her mirror is her obsession. She is addicted to this thing! It was the very first toy she started playing with. She likes to lick it. We used to joke that "he" was kissing his girlfriend, but we now know that SHE is kissing her boyfriend :) She also has a disco ball that has some reflection, plus it has a little bell on the bottom, and she can tinkle the bell, which is her other favorite pastime. I even caught a video of her playing with the bell. In Lolspeak, it's kyoot!
We got her a bigger cage right after we got her wings clipped, so she would have more room to move around in, and more toys to play with. So, we kept her tiny cage, and now we call it her "traveling cage" :) But, I can pack her up, transfer her three favorite toys (the third is the wooden perch, that is supposed to help her feet, by being like a "real" branch from nature) and grab her bag of food and we go! I even seat-belt her little cage into the front seat with me!
She is not terribly fond of the actual driving part, but I think it's because she feels every single bump in the road (you never notice these things until you take your bird along!) and I think it scares her. But she has a ton of fun at grandmas, so it's worth it.
I could go on forever, but maybe I shouldn't. Hopefully though, you get the idea that we adore our little bird. We're not having human children any time soon, but I want tons of feather babies! She is the best little child ever! :) We love the Ninja Bird!!
No comments:
Post a Comment