Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Big Adventure... We're Hobos!

So, I've left you all in suspense, wondering what it is we did and where it is that we went! I suppose I should go ahead and tell you, but I will show you first! :)

Here is the 'what we did part':



And here is the where we went part:


Yes. We totally slept in the Vibe. Adam made a joke about it when we test drove it, then it came up again when we started planning Indy in August. So, I had the brilliant idea that we should test it out in Dallas, especially since his sister and her husband left to go skiing. It worked out so well. It was a bit chilly, but it was so stuffy in the car that the windows still fogged up (okay, somebody, make the joke) so it wasn't a problem! :) And we each had enough room to roll over, which is more than I thought it'd be. The front passenger seat folds down as well, so Adam had extra room to stretch out, so that wasn't a problem! Who'dda thunk it? What kind of crazy people sleep in their car? And then brag about it!? Yeah that's us!

Also, I've never been to Louisiana before. I've lived in Arkansas my whole life and I've been to 43 other states in the country, but never managed Louisiana. I heard my brother say my parents were thinking about adding it over spring break (now) and I knew I had to beat them to it, so we cut across Texas when we left and drove straight into Shreveport, which is a huge deal to me, since I've now been to 44 states! Hooray!! So that's the big deal about the where we went!

And you thought we were so exciting ;-)

2 comments:

Alan and Jeni said...

We hope you're not really planning on sleeping in your car when you come to Indy. You are more than welcome to stay with us (we live about 20 minutes from the city), unless you really do prefer the car?! :)

Anonymous said...

Ditto Alan and Jeni - I don't live in Indiana, but I have a very good friend whose family does. So there's no reason to sleep in the car, unless you just want to have a story for later. (Maybe you guys could take turns camping in the car with Alan's and Jeni's kids?)