Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm Cranky

:( I don't know how today happened, but I'd like to prevent most of it from happening again.

I had a whole free afternoon and I wasted it worrying over what I was missing and what could possibly be wrong because I ended up with all that free time. I'm hormonal--I'm screwed up bad. (Good news on the thyroid front--another post for another day) My leg is cramping, because it rained today, and because it will probably rain again tomorrow.

Then I went to the ear doctor. My ear has been bothering me for well over a month now, but I originally thought it was from when I was sick. Then I got un-sick and noticed my ear didn't change and sure enough. The tube was already non-functional (after six months). He took it out and told me he could put a new one in today if I wished, or we could wait a few months and I would need it again for sure. So that's what I decided to do, because that stuff HURTS! Ouch!! He told me about this ear popper thing might help, and even wrote me a prescription, just in case the insurance will pay for it, and told me this would be a rest-of-my-life problem and to have a good day. Sorta. That's what it feels like anyway.

So, I'm cranky now. I don't really have any friends I can call, so I'm venting it out here. Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, I always had to plug my nose and blow until my ears popped, there was no "ear popper thing" back in my day. Kids these days, don't know how good they've got it! ;)
I've had so much trouble with my ears through the years. Ear infections, tubes, ruptured eardrums...I'm so there with you on this one. It is such a pain, literally and figuratively, every doctor in the world remarks about it when they look in my ears and I just sigh, because I've heard it all before...

Jacalyn said...

The problem with plugging my nose and blowing is that it doesn't pop my ears, just makes me really dizzy. I imagine that's what the ear popper thing will do too, which is why I'm not in a hurry to get it.

Ear troubles suck!! It's bad that you can relate, but it's nice to know someone else has had tons of the same problems!

Anonymous said...

Re "I had a whole free afternoon and I wasted it worrying over what I was missing and what could possibly be wrong because I ended up with all that free time" - amen, ditto, and amen again. I get paralyzed trying to decide which thing would be best to do first. :-) Someday, maybe, I'll figure it out...