Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Takin' Care of Business

Adam and I are up to it again! Last year we each had three jobs! We hauled some booty out of debt and this year we're going to do it again! I'm so stinkin excited I can't see straight. He has two jobs, and now I have to jobs too. Like, whoa!

When I made the post about my resume, I was already applying to places online. I figured that really doesn't do much & I might not get anywhere, but the effort was the idea. But, the thing is-it DID get me somewhere! I applied to Target and less than a week later, I had two interviews right away! But the thing is, I had gone and talked to the guy that Adam works for, at Subway and he said he was going to see if he could get me on. He wasn't quite sure yet, so just in case, I was already applying to other places. Well, he got me on too.

So now what? I started the new Subway on Monday and I started Target yesterday. Let's just say it's been a busy week. :( But the good news is that now we can for SURE get going on the debt plan (we originally made plans to seriously do it from January to April, but plans change). No social life, no spending, no goofing off, no nothing. Get up, go to work (and school for me) go home and sleep and do it all over again. I'm not trying to be anti-social or anything, but getting out of debt is THAT important to us. We'll still keep in touch with the outside world (come visit me at work, one person already has!), but debt is our priority for the year. People think we're crazy. We knew they would, but we're determined to live like no one else, so it's worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie, good for you - getting out of debt is incredibly important, and it's a very mature goal for both of you. You really seem to have your priorities straight. And I don't think anyone these days is thinking that getting out of debt is boring or foolish or not worthwhile - I bet lots of folks are wishing they'd done it before budgeting was compulsory!

As my friend Cathie would say, WELL JOB. (And then she would giggle, like I'm doing now.)

Jacalyn said...

Thanks, Sylvie! That just made my day :)