Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

If you want to be, that is. I have lots of friends who are not interested in doing anything today, and really, even Adam told me he's not that in to it, because it's not an actual holiday, just a money maker.

For 2007, our first Valentine's together, I thought I'd be cute and make him chocolate covered strawberries and cookies and (this is really hard to admit in public) I totally screwed it up. Totally. Beyond repair, even beyond recognition really. It was BAD. But, he was nice about it, so now it's just funny.

For 2008, we don't even remember. He was working three jobs, and I was working and going to school. It wasn't a big deal, and I don't really care that we didn't do anything. Him working all those jobs (getting out of debt) was the best present ever :)

For 2009, he got me a big present yesterday and I got him a little one last night. My big present? (I wanted pictures, but they'll have to come later) He got me a personalized license plate that says CHANGA for the vibe. I'm excited! :-D He got a matching plate for the motorbike that says CHANGO. But today, so far we haven't done much. He's at work and then we're going to clean. Later today we'll do fried bread and a big dinner tonight with his family.

So, if you want to celebrate and make a big deal, Happy Valentine's Day! But if not, then no worries :)

No comments: