We spent New Year's Eve with some friends in Conway watching Monk until 3 in the morning (well except for watching the ball drop at midnight :) They are funny and we hope to see them more often in 2010.
Adam can speak for himself, but I haven't really made any "resolutions" this year. First and foremost on our plate is the debt payoff, which is why we're signed up for Financial Peace University (and I am itching to begin!) I wish now we had done it two years ago when we first got into Dave Ramsey. Oh well, this is the year.
Other than the debt payoff, I haven't spelled anything out. I plan on continuing to make tiny changes in a few key places so that doesn't really seem much of a resolution. Right now I'm on a quest to find cheap, tasty, EASY recipes that are 110% foolproof (you think I'm kidding when I say a can't cook) that are good for both our budget and our bodies. The key is attempting to cook them. Depending on how the debt payoff goes, my dream is to start acupuncture, but that only happens when we can afford it, so if it must wait one more year, it will not end the world.
One big change we both have (which I'm hoping will benefit us both) is our callings at church. I have been happily hiding away in Nursery for almost 2 1/2 years, but they decided I needed out, despite my efforts to convince them otherwise. Adam has been doing the same thing as the Primary Pianist, but for not quite as long. Three weeks ago, they asked us if we were open to new callings. I am the new CTR 5 teacher and Adam is the new Valiant 11/12 (10/11?) teacher. It worked out quite well that they wanted me to train the new nursery leader (me? seriously? the woman had at least 4 kids, I think) for the last two weeks of 2009, so my first day in Primary was the first Sunday of 2010. Adam was supposed to start the same time as me, but ended up starting the Sunday after they asked him. It's definitely going to be a year of growth for us. It kind of became my joke, but I was only half kidding when I said I was terrified of kids who can think and talk for themselves. Nursery was my first real calling as an adult and I saw myself more as one of the kids in there than an effective leader. I guess that's why they moved me. I haven't been to Primary since I was of the appropriate age...but I think I love the 5 year olds already. Bill Cosby was definitely right.
I noticed that with the exception of my high school graduation, anything important has happened to me in an even year, so I have high hopes for 2010! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment