Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!

Two years ago today I married my best friend. Everything about that day was beautiful. In the temple I promised him time and all eternity, even though I didn't have the faintest idea exactly what that would include, and I love him more now than I did back in 2006.

I didn't have enough time earlier to make this post, so I decided to head to Subway, by myself, in my pajamas. Normally, I never go out in Little Rock at night by myself. Never. But I wanted this post to have this date and it's important enough to me to go. Adam is so important to me, I would follow him to the ends of the Earth. I still have my own identity, but I've built my world around him and I couldn't possibly imagine him not in my life.

I keep thinking of all the horrible stuff that we've been through, like the cars blowing up and his grandfather dying and the miscarriage, but really, it's all been for our good (even though we don't completely get it {a la the job hunt} right this moment.) All this experience we've gained has taught us so much, that we never would have had otherwise.

Tonight, while we were eating our Dippin Dots (this year it was pretty low key ;) I wondered what the next two years will bring. Where will we be? A house, an apartment, even in Arkansas (I really hope so!)? Will we have children, more miscarriages, or both? Will he find a different job? What sorts of experiences will we have in between now and then? Who knows where life will take us. We're trying hard to carve our future the way we want it to be, but God is still in charge.

Adam, I love you with all my heart and I'm so proud to be Mrs. Pearce! I can't wait to see what the future brings us! <3

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love the picture. you two are adorable!