Thursday, July 17, 2008
Dodgeball
As Patches O'Houlihan said in the movie Dodgeball, "If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball." I definitely dodged a wrench, a ball, and a bullet last night. On the way to work last night, I was running a little behind and therefor driving somewhat in excess of the posted minimum speed limit. As I passed by a truck parking area along the way, I noticed two police officers parked with one facing each direction, probably chatting with each other about how boring working at night is. As I passed them I looked in the rearview mirror in time to see one of them start his car and put it in gear and begin turning around. I'm sure he was simply going for a liesurely drive and I just happened to be passing by at the time, or perhaps it was nearly the end of his shift... As it happened, I was also catching up to rather a lot of traffic at that time (which is a recurring problem for me for some reason) so I sort of nonchalantly adjusted my speed to blend in with them and watch what happened in my mirrors. I saw the officer pull out and begin to slowly catch up to me. A few miles later, after he filtered through the aforementioned traffic, he passed me, perhaps on his way back to the station to do his end-of-shift paperwork. Needless to say, I think I'll not be pressing my luck so much for a little while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment