So by now most everyone knows it's a boy.
Because I'm a nerd I chose to reveal it to our friends and family in the form of a cake. Naturally, instead of just writing it out plain and simple like normal people would do with frosting, I wanted to do something easier; so I added a heaping gob of blue food coloring to the cake mix. It seemed appropriately silly at the time. Overall, I must admit to being pleased with how it turned out. Everyone was either appropriately surprised or at least had the decency to act surprised. If you would like to see pictures of the cakes we made, you'll just have to wait until Jax gets around to posting them. Sadly, we did not get a picture of the blue guts of the cakes. But rest assured, they were blue.
Until this point we've been a bit indecisive about whether or not to reveal the name we're sort of serious about using for the boy when he gets here in May. Being mean-spirited I was leaning toward not telling anyone until after the birth. Jax thought I was worried that people wouldn't like the name we picked, which may have persuaded her to not tell anyone. But after a brief discussion the other day about her simply going along with what she perceived my wishes to be and me revealing my true reasons, we have decided to start telling people the name we are semi-serious about using for the boy when he gets here in May. So, with just a bit more ado (after all, there are certain conventions that must be followed), here is the name:
Julian Leslie Pearce
We are keen on using Jax's initials, just because. We are also using Leslie, which is Jax's older sister's name. Jax's older sister has been quite keen to have a child named after herself for quite some time. It also works out nicely as a boy's name due to folks like Leslie Nielsen and Gerald Ford (birth name Leslie). As for Julian, well, we just like it. There happen to be a few Julian's in the international motorbike racing community, but it's not like we were watching races trying to pick out names. As for Pearce, well, we're just being a bit traditional with that one. It's a family name. Like Leslie.
Surprise!
1 comment:
I am so happy for you two! You will both make wonderful parents, even if you do stick with a boring old tradition and give your baby the last name Pearce. ;)
Post a Comment