It has been a long time since I've posted anything, and I certainly don't have anything nearly as cook as what Jax posted about, but I suppose I can post something every once in a while to make sure I'm still alive.
Jax posted about us moving back to Conway, so I get to post about the benefits we've discovered and started to enjoy since the big move.
First up is the commute. My commute to work since buying the new bike was taking about an hour each way. It didn't take as long with the sportbike because that bike didn't feel like it was about to blow up and spew engine parts all over me while riding at interstate speeds. The 250 was more comfortable on the scenic route. I did take it on the interstate a few times, but not very often. Anyway, my commute to work has shrunk from 60 minutes each way to about 6 minutes each way. Instead of putting 1,500 miles on the bike each month I am now putting closer to 1,500 miles per year on it.
Next up is related to the commute but different. Gasoline. Our fuel budget for each month has been cut down dramatically. We were filling the bike up twice a week and the car roughly once a week for most of the time that we lived in Little Rock. Now I put gas in the bike on the 1st of each month. I don't fill it up because it's empty, though; I fill it just to put in some fresh gas. We are still filling the car twice a month, but we're mostly using it for longer trips and less around-town-type driving now as Jax doesn't much want to work on account of her "condition." Something about not wanting to throw up on anyone...
Our vehicle insurance has also come down quite a bit since we're not commuting anymore. Hooray! Vehicle maintenance isn't really any better, but that's because we'll be "timing out" on things like oil changes instead of "miling out" as we have been in the past. Oh well.
Our utility bills have also come down a fair bit. In Conway the utilities are provided by a city-owned company, so water, electricity, cable tv, cable internet and wastewater are all on one bill. This makes it easier to remember to pay all of them if you have all of them. It also ends up being less expensive than all of the bills were separately in Little Rock. Hooray for lower bills!
There's more, but if you really want to know about the joys of living in Conway, you'll just have to move here for yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment