I didn't mean to forget you all! It's just that not much is happening right now. We're just cruising along.
I really, really dislike my job and some of the things they're trying to make me do, but everyday that I'm still there is one more day and it will all work out in the end. Sigh. I know eventually it will, I'd just prefer sooner than later.
But, even that isn't the end of the world. I checked out a stack of books from the library for Adam about English majors and jobs and stuff. I Don't Know What I Want, But I Know It's Not This is pretty much my favorite title. I think they wrote it with Adam in mind. I got myself a book about cruise vacations, and even though it's probably going to be a few years before we actually go on one, just reading the book has been a mini vacation! :) I love it when that happens!
I'm going back to school full time! We're biting the bullet and getting student loans, but I've got a 3 year map ahead of me (I might be able to shave off a semester, maybe 2, but not more than that) so that will give us more than plenty of time to knock everything else out, so I still feel good about it. Besides, it will be worth having a degree in hand & getting a better paying job to knock them out with! :) So, that's been my big exciting news lately. I was terrified of dealing with it, but now I don't even remember why. The department chair (my new adviser :) mapped it all out for me, both Spanish and Sign Language. Now, I just have to hurry up and wait for the next three years! Hah!
Also, we're going to move soon. Our lease ends in September and we've been thinking about it. I'm definitely excited to move. We know for sure we'd like Hillcrest and/or the Heights. I just don't want to drive in the Heights is all. It's a fantastic neighborhood, albeit a bit expensive. But, we're also considering duplexes or guesthouses or basically anything. The alternative ideas sound really cool right now, but we'll see for sure. It's another hurry up and wait, but it's okay, because I'm still excited. I know it will be worth it when it gets here.
I went to a holistic doctor for the first time too! How exciting! We discussed my disaster of an endocrine system and he gave me some good suggestions and supplements. I've taken the supplements perfectly and I'm slowly inching my way towards the good suggestions (stay away from white foods & eat green foods--as if this is any surprise) But the difference is that I finally made it to the Farmer's Market. I know I can buy green foods fairly cheap there, so I figured it would be a good idea. I also saw an ad for a group called the Raw Foods Resource Group and tried to go to the meeting tonight, but the owner of the place I was told to go didn't know anything about it. I'm bummed actually.I figured a support group like that would make it easier to start eating greens more. I'm only permanently opposed to green beans & even that may change eventually. Even though this Raw Foods group didn't work out, I did find myself a new organic grocery store which I think we'll be frequenting much more from now on :) That was exciting! I also found a couple of other places I'll be checking out soon. I'll tell you more about them later.
So, I guess there's more going on than I thought, but none of it seems terribly newsworthy. Not compared big stuff, like Panama (which by the way, nobody ever commented on my photos. A few people asked--and then nothing. What gives??) We're mainly just existing right now, but that's a good thing! :)
2 comments:
I read "I Don't Know What I Want, But I Know It's Not This" recently too, when I was still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. It's a pretty good one. The one that helped me finally figure out exactly what I want to do with my life is "I Could Do Anything if I Only Knew What It Was" by Barbara Sher - chapter 3 contains some life-changing (and one might even say lifesaving) exercises.
I did find "What Color Is Your Parachute" as well :) It was actually THE book I went in to get, but when I couldn't find it, I started grabbing others and then eventually I found it. I'll have to go back & look for the newest recommendation :)
Post a Comment