Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today

Today has been a big day.

Barack H. Obama was sworn in as the 44th president of the United States. I definitely would not have voted for him, but I didn't vote, so I can't complain. But, I listened to his inaugural address and was really impressed. (He has awesome speech writers :-p) If he did every single thing he's promised he'll do, he'd be the perfect president. But, nobody is perfect, so it will be interesting to see how the next four years unfold for our country.

Adam FINALLY got a second job! Praise the Lord!!! It's not exactly what we wanted, but it'll will get us exactly what we want, so that's what matters. He's going to work at Subway too! Not the same one as me, but it's a whole heck of a lot closer to home, just on 12th street. I am very happy :) I was beginning to wonder if he would ever get hired ANYWHERE! But, at least I know he CAN get hired, just not very often :) Oh well, it's what we wanted for now; just a second job to bring in extra income so we can get out of debt. We had it all planned out and nothing is going to plan (a post for another day) but, all is not lost!

This morning, my manager (who is supposed to be at home, not working, on maternity leave) came into work today and announced that the Joneses have sold two of their four stores, and one more is up for sale. The one they are keeping is, unfortunately, not the one I work at. The new owners have promised to keep all the current employees (except for the "regional manager, the one who's on maternity leave) so I still have a job. But it's just not quite the same. I'm not going to quit, not until something better comes along. Now is not exactly the best time to be job hunting, for obvious reasons, but from what I've heard, the changes may not be for the best. I love this job! This is the first job I've NOT wanted to quit at the two month mark and I was already starting to count up the time till that becomes the four month mark, but it doesn't count anymore, because this afternoon I had that serious urge to quit, to go somewhere else and not stick it out. Ugh, I hate that feeling. I've been trying to learn how NOT to feel that feeling, and I guess it hasn't worked yet. But, I won't be whiny, so that's why I won't quit just yet.

So anyway, I wanted to put this up while I was thinking about it. I'm supposed to be doing homework and stuff, but I'm on here instead. I'm just never near a computer to blog when I have a good post in mind, and I (almost) never have anything really good to post when I am near a computer! Go figure! But, I will go ahead and go do my homework now. If you'd like to learn sign language, I would love to practice on you :)

No comments: