Monday, September 8, 2008

It's a Novel!

I just haven't felt like updating, so I've let it slide. I guess that's not the best way to take it on, but I've been using my optimistic energy elsewhere in my life (and it's working!) so this place kinda got left out of the mix.

Since our last update, Adam had interview at a plant in North Little Rock; they told us we would hear back from their boss the next week (last week) because they couldn't make the decision to hire him or not. All of that optimistic energy has kept me from slipping into more depression, since this place contacted him and seemed extremely interested. After all of our work and waiting, we were sure this was the one. The longer we don't know anything, the less I think it's going to happen, so I guess we're just going to have to pick up again and keep looking. We've been doing it for over a year, so we know the routine.

Since our last update, we made it up to Alma for the last time for who knows how long. Dad Neely got a 2006 Ford Escape Limited. I'm not really sure why, other than he can, and it's the first vehicle that is mainly for him, that he doesn't have to haul kids around or anything like that. He has worked long and hard his entire life, so it's awesome that he gets to have something nice. My little brother is a senior this year! :-o I remember when he was small enough to be bathed in the kitchen sink (!!) and he's going to graduate high school in a few short months!! Yay for the Alma Class of 2009!

Since our last update, we went to White Hall for Labor Day. It's our tradition now; we first went together in 2006 when we were engaged, in 2007 for our first married Labor Day and this year, just because we can. Mom Pearce was wonderful and setup our bed before we got there. Even though it was still on the floor, we got to sleep on a real bed!!! How stinkin exciting!! She told us all about her plans for her new kitchen--she is so wildly excited, it's great :) We experimented with a new recipe she found (can you tell i'm just miserable being her guinea pig??) We went to the P.B. Ward's pancake breakfast, and it was good. I'm still not an early morning person, but it was worth it. Instead of going straight back home, they gave me a guided tour of Pine Bluff and White Hall, because I mentioned something about the Pines Mall. Haha! It was cool listening to them talk about stuff from way back when; espcially the part about Sylvie ramping that car at that railroad crossing. :)

Since our last update, I've done some of my community service at the Humane Society; I'm about five minutes over half-way. The animals are so sad! In the cages, not able to do much, some of them just cry the whole time. I love animals, but I hate seeing them in there; at least they are getting care while they're in there, instead of being put to sleep or anything, so it's not a completely horrible situation, just sad. I also did the Primary Activity Day, because the nursery toys desperately needed to be cleaned and organized. Now, I'm the offical Nursery Leader! Hooray for running around with 2 and 3 year olds on Sundays! I love it so much!! Some people say Nursery is the best form of birth control, but I think it's the opposite for me. Maybe I'm just twisted, but a room full of toddlers is fun for me (unless I haven't gotten enough sleep, in which case nothing is fun). I look forward to them every week! Our little chatter boxes and our quiet ones, I love them all :D

Since our last update, Adam has ridden with his motorcycle buddies two weekends in a row. Last weekend, he went by himself (I was at the aforementioned nursery activity) and had a blast. He came back sore and tired, but with so many more miles on his bike and much more comfortable with it. This (now past) weekend, he wanted me to come with him. Some of his friends in Batesville offered us a place to stay, so we could come up Friday night instead of leaving at the buttcrack of dawn from LR. Their son (who goes to school at Harding) met us in Searcy and took us on some back roads the rest of the way to Batesville. It was fun! They had food waiting for us when we got there (tacos!) and we watched the movie Elf, since Adam and I hadn't seen it. We had a great time with them. Saturday morning, we were up early (they had pancakes for us! yummy!) and on the road by a little after 8:00. The original plan was to meet a group in Mountain View and play on all their favorite twisty highways and end up in a little town in the middle of nowhere (somewhere outside of Fayetteville) to each lunch and make our way back to Batesville and on home. After once up and back on their most favorite twisty, I was nautious. I also had this sore throat; I thought it was because the friends' house was so cold and that it would go away, but it never did. It started getting worse. Not to mention, this new motorcycle, the R6S, is O% passenger friendly (not that it's designed to be, but neither was the GSX-R and I had no problems on it) and I was aching after a few short hours. Somewhere in there, we all changed our minds to head to Jonesboro, for a big event at a dealership (free food and a DINO, a thing that tests your motorcycle's RPMs, I think; ask Adam to be sure) . I was in pain by this point, even after trading bikes for a slightly more passenger friendly one (the guy originally on this bike wanted to really play anyway, and Adam was the only one carrying a passenger, so it was the perfect situation). Every muscle in my body was aching and my throat was hurting the longer we kept going. A few miles outside of Jonesboro, I was in tears. I can say that I didn't wimp out, but from now on, I definitely will! To top it all off? The big event at the dealer was over by the time we got there! Story of my life! We all went out to Chili's (not so free, but definitely worth it) and afterwards, when everyone else left for Batesville, we got a hotel (yay for Comfort Inn! It's the best). I slept for ten hours straight. My throat was worse, but I wasn't as sore. I ate half a bagel for breakfast, and took a two hour nap before we had to check out. The only way home was on the motorcycle (the uncomfortable one) and it was excruciating! We stopped often and got plenty of fluid and I survived. We got home at 3:30 and I went straight to sleep. I've only been up a few times to go to the bathroom, and of course, type my little heart out here.

There you have it! All of it! I'm now exhausted, so I'm going to get some more Russian Delight and head back to bed! I've been up for over an hour! If I sleep for twenty more hours, hopefully I'll be over all this and back to my normal self. Guess we'll see!

No comments: