Wednesday, January 2, 2008

¡Lose the Weight in 2008!

I'm borrowing Jacalyn's mom's motto for the year. At least, for now. I have managed to regain all of the weight I lost a few years ago by following a strict diet of excess food and minimal exercise. My godlike body (Buddha is a god...) is nearly complete, so it's time to turn it around again. On the minus side, I have regained all 40 pounds that I lost in 2005. On the plus side, it took nearly 3 years to gain it all back, so if I'm yoyo-ing, at least it's a long yoyo.

Anyway, that motto has multiple meanings this year. Well, I can think of two (2) so far. As Jacalyn posted before, we're also working on getting rid of excess spending and debt this year. It has taken me several years to build up my gargantuan amount of debt, and it will take us at least a couple of years to get it all gone, but we both firmly believe that it will be worth the sacrifices we will have to make for now.

No comments: