It's August now! Can you believe that? I both can and can't. It's not quite the October I was looking for, but it's hard to believe it's already been six months since the $5 footlong insanity (I don't think I ever told you about ALL the craziness)
August should be a really fun month! Lots of birthdays (including Adam's!!) a few anniversaries (both of our parents), and my last day of work. Mark is leaving for the MTC and I get to go with him! I am so excited! I haven't been to Utah since I was 12; there is a LOT I remember but I there is even more that will be completely different as an adult now. Mark will be gone--for good (two good years, anyway :-p ) It's both crazy and exciting.
Adam and I began August perfectly. We were almost late for church, but made fabulous time. Primary was pretty good for both of us (probably better for me than him, but I have 5 year olds and 4 of them at that. No such luck for Adam) After church, we came home, watched a race and took a three hour nap! I didn't mean for it to be three straight hours, but I definitely enjoyed every one of them. After the nap, we got up and cleaned frantically* before one of our home teachers and his wife came over to bring us cookies (thanks guys!) After they left, we cleaned for real** and then Adam fixed mac and cheese. This is fairly ordinary in itself, but we ate dinner at our new table and chairs (oh yeah--we found a full set and it's beautiful. That should have been in m y photo update, but I just realized I don't have any pictures yet). I cannot tell you how blissful it was to be normal and eat dinner at the table, just the two of us. I could totally get used to this. After dinner, we sat on the couch, where I proceeded to knit and Adam started a game on the Wii. I could totally get used to this! It really has been a fabulous day for us!
I keep joking that with all the heat and humidity, I vote that we go straight to October and stay there for a while, but so far it hasn't happened yet. I can't wait until everything is settled and we are making more progress. Less heat and humidity will just be a bonus.
I can't wait to see what you have in store for us, August!
*frantically cleaning--throwing everything on our bed and shutting the door
**cleaning for real--trying to figure out where it all goes
No comments:
Post a Comment