I've been thinking about making this post all day long, but wasn't sure I could come up with 5 really quirky things about me. I'm darn close though.
1. I have a thing about checking out your license plate--to see where you're from and if your tags are current. Adam says this is weird, but you'd be surprised how many people drive around on expired tags. Temporary tags are my favorites.
2. I don't think I can type this without it sounding wrong, but I'll give it a shot. I find it extremely attractive when a man wears his wedding band. Not the man himself; just the fact that he wears a wedding band. Adam says this is weird too, but I always look. I LOVE looking at the different types of bands different men wear. It's fascinating!
3. Whenever I get change, I always check the dates the coins were minted. My parents taught me to look for wheat pennies when I was a kid. I love love love old coins of all kinds though! I finally set my cutoff date of 1970--I keep any coins minted before 1970 separate now. Just tonight, I finally remembered to go through my tootsie roll to look for old coins again (I do it every so often); I found a 1907 nickel in the mix!! According to wiki-answers, my nickel is worth three bucks!! Dude yeah--old coins rock!!
4. Speaking of money, I'm Type-A when it comes to money facing the right direction; this has been particularly trying since starting work at Subway, when I have to count the drawer down at night. I'm usually behind where I'd like to be, and thus don't have the time to make all the bills face the right direction, but that's never stopped me from trying. I'm pretty sure nobody else has noticed, though I point it out to the manager all the time when she's doing the deposit. Maybe it's not so quirky in the rest of the world, but 10 minutes at Subway and they'd have you thinking I'm a freak (not just about that either) :-p
5. When driving and there's only one turn lane, but multiple lanes on the street onto which you are turning, it drives me batty when people turn into the wrong lane. Seriously! Actually, there are a lot of things about driving that make me batty, but I don't think they're as quirky (like not using a turn signal and tailgating).
Maybe none of it is quirky, but I sure feel quirky. Maybe I'm just too Type-A. Quirky or not, now you know 5 more things about me than you ever thought you would!
You're welcome!
No comments:
Post a Comment