I am still feeling down. Ugh. It's nothing specific, life is just blah right now. Bah. I shouldn't complain.
Has anyone else ever made plans only to change them at the last minute?? I have been planning on going to my friend's wedding for months now. I haven't seen her since I moved away at the end of 7th grade. She was my BEST friend EVER. We took piano lessons from the same teacher. I conned her into starting quiz bowl with me. We planned everything together. Then my family moved away and I didn't hear from her for YEARS until I randomly found her on Facebook (go Facebook!). I was so excited to hear she got engaged last year and we wrote back and forth a few times; in the last message, she promised a wedding invitation and I've set the date aside ever since.
This morning, however, a friend from church called and asked if I was up for babysitting her kids. I L-O-V-E her kids and jump at the chance to watch them whenever I can. Queue indecisiveness here! Adam and I are in the middle of a little tiff (which probably explains while I'm still feeling down). I am truly excited for my friend, but I am in no mood to go to a wedding. When we DO ever get to see each other again, I expect there will be lots of picture taking and I am NOT in the mood for picture taking. I am bloated and pimply (tangent: I think the Slimfast is working. ONE pound!) and feeling reeeeeallllly ugly right now. It is stupid, but I feel like I'd uglify her wedding. The reason the friend from church asked me to watch her kids is because her husband is going to the temple, with or without her. I know he's in sales and does a lot of traveling and has a pretty hectic schedule, so I got the impression that him going to the temple is a big deal. (Well, let's face it, we're in Arkansas; ANYONE going to the temple is a big deal because it's such an event to get everything aligned) Me watching her kids is enabling her to go with him and I know she's excited about that.
The whole point of this post is to ramble about my feelings of complete and utter indecisiveness. The plan was originally the wedding, but I just don't see me going. Right this minute, I don't see me doing ANYTHING though. Have you ever visualized your plans? That is not working for me. Maybe it's a stupor of thought or something. Both events are a big deal. So why has it been so hard to pick one over the other? I am glad to help one friend; I hope I don't disappoint the other.
I guess we will see how tomorrow goes?
3 comments:
Jacalyn, you are AWESOME! I'm sure you'll be blessed for helping your friend, though I can see what a hard decision that would be. Don't get down on yourself. You truly are so valuable to me as a friend and as a Primary teacher (and to the Lord too). Without you and Adam in Primary--I think I would not make it in my calling. I hope you know that your dedication to the gospel does NOT go unnoticed!
I know this is from over a month ago, but I just read it! I hope you weren't feeling bad about missing the wedding. I certainly missed seeing you there, but I just want you to know that I have no hard feelings about it. We will just have to meet up another time and catch up. Maybe we could have a couples date night with our husbands. I love saying husband now. It's so much better than boyfriend. :P And by the way there is no way you could have "ugly-fied" my wedding. You are a beautiful lady inside and out, so don't even think that. :) You do need to go on facebook though and go to my profile so you can look at some pictures from the wedding!
Sarah! Thanks for the comment :) Yeah, I was feeling bad about it, especially after I saw all the pictures and wow! It was SUCH a beautiful wedding--your dress was gorgeous :) :) :)
You are right--it is way more fun to say husband than boyfriend ;) Since you are in Conway now, we might be able to arrange something. Adam works 60 hours a week right now, so it will be tricky, but we'll figure it out. I can't wait to see you in person, for real!
Post a Comment