I think I mentioned that I've been on a family history kick lately, but if I haven't, then, yeah, I'm on a family history kick :)
My Dad and I ordered the death certificates of my great-grandparents on the off chance their parents names were listed. My family doesn't know hardly squat about either of them, so this seemed a good place to start. We ordered them a week ago Saturday and they finally came in the mail today. And guess what?
Both certificates have the names and birthplaces of each of their parents!! Whoooooooo-hoooooooo!! :) I'm STOKED!! And that's not all! At least for my great-grandfather, it lists the actual city (village?) in Ireland where he was born, which my mom had guessed at, but now we know for sure! Totally exciting! :) We've found out more about them in one day than anyone has since they died. I wonder what they were like. I wonder what Ireland was like when he left. I think someday I'm going over there to see the little village now.
No comments:
Post a Comment