Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Weekend Plans

Apparently I have a blogging disorder, as when I went to create this blog post, I typed one word, accidentally hit enter, which posted it and then realized I was still signed in on Adam's account, because this is his computer.

But, we got it all sorted out now, so we will continue with the regularly scheduled blog! :)

Adam and I started our weekend of date nights on Thursday night by borrowing a few more movies from the library and then by having an argument at the mall. From now on, I guess I will have to save the shopping for myself! But we gave it up, went back home and got the moto and rode out to Pinnacle Mountain. For those who may not know, Pinnacle Mountain is where he proposed and we started this whole mess ;-) We did not get to go there this year, since this year is Alma's rotation. It was a little bit weird seeing Pinnacle not on the 4th of July and we didn't hike it since it was so late, but it was so refreshing. After we left Pinnacle Mountain, we meandered our way back to Cheeburger-Cheeburger for our favorite shakes. This time, Adam got a grape flavored shake and a sprite and I got chocolate covered banana-cookie dough (I've been craving cookie dough all week long for a few certain reasons). There was the cutest little family there and we really liked playing with the two kids across the restaurant. The Mom was very, very pregnant, poor woman, and the Dad looked extremely young. It's so much fun to just sit and muse and people watch--especially since they were all staring at us, because we had all of our motorcycle gear. Then we came home and fell asleep watching John Cleese's How to Irritate People.

Today, we slept in like nobody's business (well, I woke up at 7:15, like I normally do, and was really irritated when I couldn't go back to sleep like I wanted) and it was glorious! Grandma made fried bread and Doug actually showed up! Amazing! Mom Pearce talked about her new kitchen all afternoon and we went shopping with her, while she's getting ideas of what she wants. It was kind of fun. We found a wedding present for some of Adam's friends (Loaded Questions!! Heck yeah!!) and then came back to the house for a bit before leaving again. We decided to go to the Big Dam Bridge and walk around. We felt rain drops and had talked about going somewhere else, so we didn't go all the way across, but instead we sat in the middle on the little park benches they have there. We talked about so many things and it was wonderful, until I spotted a huge (okay, it was huge to me anyway) arachnid and that kind of killed things. So we headed back, since we were feeling more rain drops (but not seeing any rain clouds or anything) but decided to go play at the "beach" part instead of leaving. It was awesome! The water was warm and we wrote in the sand with sticks. A man a little bit down from us caught a fish and let me watch him take it off and almost throw it back in the river (he said it was the wrong kind for him, but some other people asked him if they could have it). It was definitely cool! Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures, because Adam forgot the camera in the car...Oops!

Before this novel gets any longer, I will stop for now. I have a surprise for Adam (he doesn't have any idea what it is, and unfortunately I can't tell any of you either, since he'd see it, hehe) so soon we will have a much larger, more exciting post. But it's wonderfully relaxing to spend the weekend with your best friend with no plans in mind.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Technically, Jacalyn made this post. She references this at one point, and she even signed out and signed back in as herself, but it still came up as though I (Adam) posted this one... Oh well.