Monday, February 21, 2011

The Happy Post

There are a LOT of things I've been happy about lately! I'm feeling the need to document them (more :)

1. THE WEATHER!! I can't tell you how much I'm adoring the weather! It's probably one of the biggest factors in my huge mood improvement, which is kind of surprising to me. It's been cloudy and windy the last few days and I STILL love it! I seriously need to live in a place with weather like this year round!

2. I can still sleep at night. I have many, many pregnant friends who are already having sleep problems. Most of them are due around the same time as me and they just can't get comfortable or the kid is moving in such a way that it prevents them from sleeping. This is not happening to me, for which I'm eternally grateful. His movements still aren't painful or uncomfortable either (unless he's playing with my belly button from the inside, which is another story). I'm still getting all the benefits of him moving around with few of the downsides!

3. I got TWO new pairs of maternity jeans from the huge tub of clothes given to me from the woman at church. Most of it doesn't fit and even more of it is dressy work type maternity clothes, which I really don't need, so I'm going to pass them on to someone who will benefit more from them. ALL of the maternity jeans I have were given to me, for which I'm also eternally grateful, since that has saved us SO much money! Most of them don't fit quite right, but get the job done and they were free, so no complaining here.

4. I had to take my wedding rings off a few weeks ago, but my Mom found one of my grandma's old rings that is big enough probably to get me through the end, so I don't have to go buy some cheapie ring either! I don't know how many people really understand how much I hated the idea of taking off my wedding rings but I didn't want to have them cut off later if I have too much swelling, so I did it anyway. I really don't want to look like I'm 17 and pregnant, so at least having a ring on shows I'm at least married.

5. This one is possibly the biggest and most exciting :)
Friday, we drove up to Alma and spent the night with my parents after Adam got off work. At the buttcrack of dawn Saturday morning, we got up and drove to Oklahoma City to SEE DAVE RAMSEY LIVE! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!! OKC and Nashville were the two closest events and the Nashville event was already sold out when I heard about them, but OKC wasn't. To make things even better, Adam found a coupon and we saved $25 on tickets! I love love love his books and the radio show and the live event was like combining all of them! It lasted 5 hours and he went over just about everything under the sun! SO motivating! We've started this business twice and then quit for no good reason, but now we're back on, this time for good. It's going to suck and be amazing all at the same time!

I am definitely enjoying the overall good mood. Pregnancy hormones see to it that it doesn't last every single second (I average crying over something once a day or so!) but I feel like I'm so much better off than I've been the last four or five months. I hope the trend continues the closer we get to May!

No comments: