Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Good Morning

In a rare turn of events, Adam is cooking me breakfast this morning. I hope I'm not late for school :-p

Speaking of school, a month from Monday and it's over! Less than a month to go! I can totally handle this! I think my grades are even in decent condition too, which is just a bonus. But, there has been a change of plans. Money is tight and it looks like for us to get ahead, I'm going to have to go back to work full-time, so I think I'm going to take one more semester off. We've finally figured it out. We're selling everything but the kids (the parakeets--I'll tell you about the new one in a minute) so this time it will work.

Okay, for the fun news :)

We've been talking about getting NinjaBird a mate for a while, but just haven't. I knew that her being alone so much was really taking its toll on her, so I convinced Adam we needed a second bird :) (that wasn't terribly hard to do) and then we just waited for a better time. But instead of waiting till Christmas or next year, we went ahead and got him now (he was on sale too!) so we now have TWO birdies! We specifically made sure to get a boy, and instead of another green and yellow bird, we picked a blue and white one this time. He is super cute! He's still plenty terrified, but he's already playing with toys and climbing around the cage. Ninja didn't move and inch (in front of us anway) for almost a month. She wouldn't even EAT in front of us, in the beginning. He is definitely acclimating better than she did; I've even heard them chirp to each other a few times, already! But, they are in separate cages for the first few weeks, to make sure he will still socialize with humans and such (this is the theory; we'll see how it actually works out).

Before this gets any longer, I will leave you with a picture of our new baby, Shadow!


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yay mom of 2. I remember the loneliness that Dexter had until we got Jimmy. It is wonderful to see them play. He is adorable!