Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Man and the Movie

Tonight was stinky. It was just plain and simply stinky all around.

But, instead of traveling down the same path, I remembered this movie and this man and then the night wasn't so bad. A few other images and a great song popped into my head and I remembered everything we've been studying in Culture of the Americas. I didn't make that much progress in the grand scheme of things, but instead of it being the most awful, horrible, miserable night ever (that it was) it was just stinky. I can say that yes, it sucks, but I survived. I duked it out with God in my mind and struggled to accept his Will. He thinks I can handle un montón of things that I don't think I can. I did--I just wasn't happy about it.

It may not be progress, but it sure feels like it.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Any time you feel like you walked out of a tunnel (or even start seeing a light at the end of a very long one) it is undoubtedly progress! Sometimes it is a good idea to duke it out with God.