Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We're Still Alive!

It may not seem like it sometimes. Life really gets in the way of your plans sometimes. I finally got a job at Subway (hooray for employment!!) and I'm already getting asked to cover shifts, so instead of 20 hours this week (I'm not whining about it, if that's what it sounds like) I'm getting closer to 30. It's so weird, at my last job I worked 40 (and a couple times, even more!) and this job is pretty much half that, but twice the work. I feel like I'm actually earning my paycheck when I come home tired (I usually only work the lunch rush, so I rarely have down time). I'm still enjoying not having the internet at home, though Adam keeps asking for it; I think he wants to get it for my birthday (last year it was a motorcycle for him, but this year's nothing fancy, just the internet ;) but I don't know yet. My list 'o books read has nearly doubled! Well, I'm not sure if it's THAT much, but I'm reading something like 2-3 books a week right now, so if I do it until December, I darn might make it to 52 books read this year :) I'm excited!

This was supposed to be a quick update. I have to go finish reading my blog followings :) Everyone keeps talking about getting tagged, and I haven't gotten tagged, so instead of whining about it, I'll just post them myself, but later. I'm working a double shift today, so I'll be at Subway again in about 45 minutes! Plus, I have about a million pictures that probably need to go up here, I just have to go find them all & why they go up here :)

1 comment:

Bertie said...

Congrats on the job at subway! that is awesome- I love Subway:)

Also- great job on the reading- any recomendations? I'm always up for a good book!