Saturday, June 14, 2008

Suprise!

I have given it some thought (and have been relishing in the comments) and I decided not to kill it. It just bugs me that all the blogs I stalk all have many comments and I scroll through ours and see "0 comments" on nearly every post. Ah well. People are reading and even linking it! :) How important feeling!

I guess I should add that most blogs I read are mainly about the blog-owner's children. And seeing as how we have none, it makes it kind of difficult to keep up with. Adam isn't bothered in the least by this, and I'm sure with enough time and practice, I won't notice as much either. Part of me wants to be a super cool blogger like all the super cool blogs I stalk, but I realize this just isn't going to happen. So I am resigned to being "cool" in my own nerdy little way (or as one of my friends called me yesterday, in my "silly dork" cool kind of way)

One theme of coolness I've noticed among many blogs is the amount of pictures posted per blog. It's not exclusive and I like to read lots of blogs anyway, but I have to admit, I'm a sucker for lots of pictures. Not entirely sure why, but I enjoy it. Cliche yes, but pictures really are worth a thousand words and when a blogger shows the world his/her pictures, I feel just a tiny bit more a part of it.

So I told Adam I wanted to take lots of pictures like the blogs; he just looked at me funny. I'm sure I must be amusing at least most of the time. We went to the mall today, because I am desperate for clothing for work and trying to find a cute vintage/secondhand shop just wasn't happening for me. Oh well; my mom taught me the best of bargain hunting, so we still scored.


While we were wandering around, he saw a stand for Dippin Dots. Now, any of you who are around us at least somewhat regularly, know that we are trying desperately to get out of debt; every spare penny we can find we are trying to snowball. I've never had Dippin Dots before though, and I think we've been doing reasonably well about not spending money on frilly things, so we agreed to share one. Dippin Dots are the BOMB!!! They're so cool!! I thought it would be equally cool to take pictures of us eating Dippin Dots together for the first time. Of course, we don't carry our nice little camera around though and my phone was dead at home, so we decided to test out Adam's camera phone. Lots of phone picture transferring later, we can post them here! yay!Something about cryogenic, sub-zero freezing just makes my day!

This guy is a total pro though. He knew exactly what to get :)

Adam got a haircut, which he is quite happy about. I got two new pairs of capris, a black button down top and a pair of khakis in addition to the Dippin Dots. We then rented an air nail gun thing-y to put up our crown moulding. I would post pictures, but the rest of the room is a horrid mess right now. I've also been playing around with my camera phone after work and I THINK I may have taken some of the first cute pictures since my wedding! Amazing! I wasn't sure if it would ever be done!

Anyway, it's quite late and I think we're quite tired. He says he's not cranky, but I think it's his man-code for I'm really freaking tired, now leave me the heck alone! I would like to aim for posting at least once a week, but we will revisit this idea again later, after all my comment-highs wear off! Have a good night all!!

3 comments:

BeLinda said...

I cannot believe you've never had Dippin' Dots before, they are the amazingest ice cream ever. And, yes, you're going to post more entries, since I'm going to attempt to at least once a day.

Alan and Jeni said...

Great to see you will continue blogging. And Adam's haircut looks great. I (Alan) have also never tried dippin' dots, but I am committed to trying them sometime in the next ten years. Jeni (who also has never tried dippin' dots) just told me that they now sell a version of them at the grocery stores around here.

We're looking forward to seeing more pictures! Toodle-oo!

little rocker said...

First time viewer, first time commenter. Your blogging is the bomb. I didn't know you did this. We should put a list of all the blogs of people we know (in the ward), because I'm sure more do it than what I know of. Incidentally, Becca was thinking of starting, but we haven't gotten our feet off the floor. We'll try not to blog too much about our kids. Or is that interesting?